Friday, September 17, 2010

Facebook outbreak

I was finally feeling safe to read my homepage on Facebook. Just about all the folks I knew were pregnant had given birth and so I didn't have to hear them complain about it all the time (sorry, but it's hard to hear people complain about the thing you want most in the world). But no. There has been an outpouring of newly pregnant women on my Facebook. Seriously like 7 this week. But the that has me writing this post said that it was the day her baby should have been born (she had a miscarriage a month or two before I did) but she was just so thankful that her womb was not empty that day. That left me wondering, come Thanksgiving day when our baby was due and my womb is still empty, how terrible am I going to feel. I was watching a movie the other day and a lady had a baby and the first time they showed her in the hospital I burst into tears. Not the kind that you can hide but full blown loud crying.  I am dreading Thanksgiving this year. And no one but me will even think about it. Maybe Jer. But no matter which side of the family we are with that day, none of them will have any idea of the suffering I am dealing with.  I don't want to go anywhere or do anything that day, but I will have to. How am I going to hide the tears? How am I going to just sit there and smile all day? I am not looking forward to it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment